Useful contacts

Useful contacts

Children’s Centres (Right Start)
Your local children’s centre offers children under five and their families quality childcare, fun activity sessions, and the chance to meet new friends.

Children’s Community Nursing Services
New contact coming soon

Children’s Community Therapy Services
New contact coming soon

Domestic violence and abuse
For emergency help or advice.
Independent Domestic Violence Advisory Service
0161 770 1572
End The Far
0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
In an emergency call 999.

Community Children's Nutrition and Dietetic Service
Assesses children aged 0-18 including those who are tube fed,
with faltering growth, with food allergies
and those with obesity issues.
0161 621 3511

Children's Speech and Language Therapy
For children and young people with speech,
language and communication difficulties
and/or swallowing problems.
0161 621 3666

Family planning and sexual health services
Free and confidential sexual health services in Oldham including information and advice on all types of contraception and STI testing and treatment.
0300 303 8565

To make sure your views on local health and social care services are heard,
0161 622 5700

Healthy Young Minds Oldham
Offers specialist services to children and young people up to age 18 who are experiencing mental health and emotional wellbeing difficulties, and provides support to their families/carers.
0161 770 7777 (option 1)

Health visiting
For phone numbers, see Children’s Centres

Infant feeding office
For help and support with breastfeeding provided by Home Start
0161 344 0669

Oldham Citizens Advice Bureau
Free, confidential advice.
1-2 Ascroft Court, Peter Street, Oldham, OL1 1HP
0300 330 9073

Oldham’s Family Information Service
Provides help, advice and support for parents/carers of children 0-19 years old.

Oldham Local Offer
Provides information on what is available in Oldham for children and young people and their families with special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND).

If you are worried a child or young person is being, or is at risk of being abused or neglected, contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub on 0161 770 7777 and ask to speak to the Duty Officer, or e-mail
If a child is in immediate danger of being harmed or is home alone, call 999.

Out-of-hours GP services
at evenings and wekends,call your GP practice as usual and you will be put through to the out of hours service.

School nursing
0161 470 4303

Walk-in centre
Treats minor illnesses and injuries that do not need a visit to A&E. Open 8am-8pm every day.
Ground Floor, Integrated Care Centre (ICC), New Radcliffe Street, Oldham, OL1 1NL.
0161 785 7520

Accident and Emergency
Should only be used in a critical or life-threatening situation.
The Royal Oldham Hospital,
Rochdale Road, Oldham, OL1 2JH.

Allergy UK
01322 619 898

Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
0300 330 5453
9.30am-9.30pm, seven days a week

Asthma UK
0800 121 62 44

British Dental Health Foundation
01788 539780, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday

Child Accident Prevention Trust
020 7608 3828

08451 228 669, 9am-10pm

Diabetes UK

Family Lives
0808 800 2222

Healthy Start

La Leche League GB
0845 120 2918 available 24 hours, seven days a week.

The Lullaby Trust

Meningitis Now
0808 80 10 388

National At-home Dad Network

National Breastfeeding Network Helpline
0300 100 0212, 9.30am-9.30pm, seven days a week,

National Childbirth Trust
0300 330 0700 8am-midnight, seven days a week

National Domestic Violence Helpline
0808 2000 247, 24 hours

Parenting advice and information.

Red Cross
Information on CPR (kiss of life)

Healthy tips

To find an NHS dentist
Call NHS 111 or visit

Call 0300 123 1044 or visit

NHS 111

NHS 111 makes it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services. It is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.

Call 111 if:

  • You need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
  • You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service.
  • You don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call.
  • You need health information or reassurance about what to do next.

If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your child’s condition, continue to use that number.